Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm on Etsy

I've been working on a website for Bei Mondi for what seems like FOREVER so I decided to put a few items on Etsy and see how it goes. Here's some of the pieces recently added.

This is my Sweet Little Sparrow necklace made with Vintaj chain and the sparrow charm. There are a few purple freshwater pearls along the sides and a large amythest cubic zirconia brilotte dangling from the sparrow's beak.

Santorini's Sunset has lots of Monacco agates and a few silver Bali beads with a matching Bali clasp. These colors remind me of the seashells on the beach.

I read Lorelei's interview in the 2009 Creative Jewelry magazine about adding pieces everyday to your Etsy shop and how it can bring in more "looky-loos" so I'll try to add one or two each day for a while. Lorelei is an amazing artist who really knows what she's doing so any advice she gives I will definitely take notice of.

Please check out my Etsy shop. It's a work in progress so any suggestions or comments (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.


Bei Mondi's shop


2 comments:

  1. A great big CONGRATS on your brand new Etsy shop! It's really exciting to finally do it, isn't it? I had thought about opening mine forever and took forever to do so. Your jewelry photography is excellent. I especially like your close up shots where the back of the piece is blurred....I'd like to learn how to do that too. Have you considered adding pictures of your jewelry to your Etsy banner? Also you'll need an avatar...I'm sure you're working on one. Good luck with your new shop!!
    -Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Cindy! I've been playing a lot with the pictures. I have a rather old camera. I really need to add an avatar but I just can't think of what to do. The jewelry idea is definitely a good one. I need to get working on that. Enjoy your weekend or what's left of it.

    ReplyDelete