Friday, September 18, 2009

Hardware

Spending the day researching the metal etching project. You girls never let me down! Several of you sent info on the process and I thank you so much! I'd love to see everyone's etching artwork since it seems like several of you have been down this road. I'm also planning on playing around more with the stamps this weekend and possibly changing the look of the blog. Everyone needs a change now and then!

Here's my attempt at mixing metals. Pictures taken on my old text book from college. It's good to see it's still being put to good use. :)



Hardware Bracelet and Earrings
Copper and brass washers connected by sterling silver wire. The middle focal on the bracelet contains all three metals with lots of sterling silver wrapped in the center. All oxidized in LOS and hand polished to bring out the shine of the metal. Lots of fun to create!

Enjoy the weekend ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Great bracelet and earrings, Leslie!! Washers are so versatile, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful shine! What ever do you polish with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooooooooooo leslie!!! my comments have desapear??, your bracelets are so beautiful and your new backround is top!!!!!

    ReplyDelete