Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mermaid's Song


Finally, finally done with the Art Bead Scene challenge. I had so many ideas which I started on and decided I didn't like that's why it took FOREVER!!! Any way, here she is. The sexy mermaid from Green Girl Studios is the star, of course. She's holding several of her treasures from the sea which include a large beaded bead from The Bead Goes On, a lampwork bead from JavaBead, sea glass in green and cobalt from Ecstasea, a "flame" charm from Mamacita Beadworks which reminds me of ocean waves, and various Bali silver. Blues and greens from the ribbon make up the length of the piece which is held together with a handmade sterling S hook. Let me know what you think!

This piece re minds of the tale about the beautiful mermaid's song luring seamen into the deep blue. And woul dn't you know last night while I was making this I was listening to Scott Hardkiss who sings Underwater Ball. It dawned on me while I was "chair dancing" to it so I had to add it to today's post. Give it a listen!

5 comments:

  1. very good entry for the Abs!! i croos the fingers for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Leslie, such a gorgeous piece! I love everything about it, you combined everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what a fun visit to your blog today!! Nothing like rockin' out while checking out your super cool new underwater ABS challenge bracelet! It's beautiful! You really amaze me, Leslie, you are very talented with your ability to make many different styles of jewelry!
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bracelet is chock full of eye candy! This beautiful bracelet is a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for all the wonderful compliments! You gals are great!

    ReplyDelete