Friday, August 21, 2009

Use the Muse Bracelet

Happy Friday!

I realized last night that I hadn't posted my entry for the Use the Muse contest. For those of you not familiar with the contest you can check it out here. Mine is the very last one in the gallery (I'm use to being last since my last name starts with a Z) and mine is rather simple compared to most of the entries but that's what I like.

Over the Top
I used all the items in the kit except I added the Bali silver beads that mimic the design in the muse, silver wire, and a silver sliding clasp. I love the blues and purples.

I thought I would add a picture of my daughter's craft project that she did recently. There is a place close to us called "The Crafty Shack" where we love to paint pottery. This place has so many different pieces to choose from and they offer classes on making your own pottery. Lauren loves it because she's able to make so many choices for herself from picking out her own piece of pottery to all of the colors and what technique she wants to use on painting them. As you know, kids usually don't get to make too many decisions for themselves. Just look at the Subway commercials! Anyway, here's the piece she made when we last went there. She first painted the background using a bubble method where she got to blow bubbles in the paint with a straw. What fun! Then she glued the mirror onto the piece and finished it off with wire along with beads. Some of these are paper beads that we created earlier with scrapbook paper and glue. I think she did a great job! I know some of you are into mixed media, scrapbooking, quilting, etc. and I'd love to see some of your art work.

4 comments:

  1. Your Use the Muse piece turned out great! How can you call it "simple"? :-) I think it's very visually interesting.
    I really like your daughter's pottery piece/mirror. I've never heard of the bubble technique. I really love the beaded handle. I had planned to take my boys to a paint your own pottery place this summer and so far we have not made it there. :-(
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!
    Leslie you won my blog giveaway....the letterpress horse cards. Send me your address so I can post these to you.
    judy@judithbdesigns.com
    www.judithbdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    I told my daughter what you said about her mirror and she smiled really big! :)

    ReplyDelete