Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oxidized Pieces Up for Show

The Etsy advertising was... well... not the greatest. No sales but I did get a few more people that heart my shop. The item I used was a bracelet that had been listed for a week. I had 7 views starting yesterday and by the end of the night I was up to 44. That part is nice but nothing ground breaking. I signed up for another one in Sept. This one is in the jewelry section so maybe it will get more traffic. The one I did yesterday was in the bracelet section. I'll let you know what happens.

So, do any of you sell at 1000 markets or Ruby? Do any of you sell to local shops? Once again, advice is greatly appreciated.

Here's the pieces that were oxidized. I only left them in the LOS for a minute or two so the patina was kinda light. I scrubbed them with steel wool and then hand polished them. This is definitely a trial and error procedure. I would like to create a deeper patina next time and try to figure out the best way to situate the lighting when taking pictures to bring out the shine. They will go in the Etsy shop today and you're likely to see more of this type of work from me since these were so much fun to make.



Before and After LOS


I'm currently working on my entry for the Art Bead Scene August challenge. It should be done by tomorrow so I'll show you what I came up with. Please check out Ester's creation on the Mes illusions baroques blog. This lady is amazing! Check out her fiber bracelets on her blog as well. I am in love with these!

Well, on a personal note, my friend is on her cruise and there is a hurricane headed that way. I'm a bit worried for her but I'm sure those big cruise ships know how to handle crazy weather. I hope she's safe and still having a marvelous time!

5 comments:

  1. The oxidized pieces came out great! What a difference it makes. Looking forward to see what you come up with for your Art Bead Scene entry.

    http://judithbdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie
    WOW...don't you just love how these pieces turned out? Thanks for the before and after shots...what a difference the LOS makes with the coiled wire. And when you get that tumbler, it will bring out even more shine. They are beautiful.
    Yes, keep us posted on your Etsy marketing endeavors...glad you got more hits/hearts. :-) I just joined your Facebook Fan page...you and your husband are a great tech team!
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are wonderfull!!! don' be desapinted because etsy, a lot of people are in hollidays, september will be good time for you.. you will see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful results with the LOS. Etsy is pretty slow for just about everyone these days, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement gals! I will keep doing what I'm doing regardless of sales. It's what I love to do and that's what matters. Thanks also for the compliments on the jewelry. It really means a lot coming from a group of artists like yourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete