Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Earthy Bracelets

I've got two new bracelets that are a bit different than my usual look. Organic and natural looking with lots of character using Vintaj brass. Hope you like these!

Appalachian River Birch

These little darlings have seashells, beach stones, and lots of Vintaj brass. The first includes a large wooden bead, olive green fossil briolettes, and tiny rhyolite rondelles. The second has a large crazy lace agate bead with swirling yellows and grays, flat wooden beads, jade rondelles, and a little sea glass dangle with a filigree brass leaf. These will both go in the shop today once I figure out some names and prices. I also forgot to add the pieces yesterday to the shop and I think I have a buyer for one of the pieces. Hooray!

Ok, this has absolutely nothing to do with jewelry but I discovered a new treat. A friend of my husband's told him about mixing greek yogurt with honey. How simple is that! The first time I tried it I wasn't sure if I could eat it because the yogurt is quite sour but it grew on me. Now I love it! You've gotta try it! Yummy yummy!

4 comments:

  1. I love your new bracelets, I love earthy anytime!
    Greek yogurt IS the best once you've had it, you'll never go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful bracelet.. simple and pure!! very nice.. thanks for the recipie, i hate honey but this little pig is sooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these bracelets, the colors and textures are great!

    We travel to Adamstown Pa for antiquing, it is wonderful with all the Amish community's. Unfortunately it is 12 hours from Tenn, but so worth the trip. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! These were fun to make.

    Judy, I'll have to check on the Adamstown area. Mapquest says it's 2 and half hours from me which isn't bad. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete